We invite you to sign-up to become a MEMBER of the Lake Worth Art League.
Membership is open to all individuals regardless of age, place of residence or artistic ability. As a member you can participate in a number of programs that will help you enhance your skills, increase your talent exposure, offer an outlet to distribute your art, and network with other artists and community members. Art lovers are also welcome. We are a volunteer run non-profit organization, and some volunteer hours are required from each of our members.
Benefits of Membership
• Opportunity to exhibit, compete for award and offer your work for sale in our gallery shows
• Sell original small works, artist's prints,fashion jewelry, and other items in the gallery boutique
• An opportunity to be the "Featured Artist" in an exhibit
• Have your information in our "Gallery Artists" book in the gallery
• Reduced tuition for classes and workshops
• Monthly Newsletter online to view or print; and News updates via e-mail/phone
• Opportunity to participate in off-site and outdoor shows
• Attend meetings that usually include an artist demo/lecture
• Participate in Open Studio every Thursday at the Gallery
• Advance notice of programs and events
• Your fee includes liability insurance for outdoor shows
• Social events with other members
• A vote in special elections or for members of the board
• An opportunity to become a board member or a committee member
For more details on applying for membership, please click the Membership Application button to view and/or download.
Fill out your Membership Application and mail it with a check payable to the Lake Worth Art League, Inc. and send it to our mailing address:
Lake Worth Art League,Inc.
P.O. Box 949
Lake Worth, FL 33460
stop by the gallery to turn in the application and pay with cash, check or credit card*
* We are in the process of activating new method of accepting credit cards. At this time we are only able to accept cash or check as of 10/25/20.
Individual per year - $75.
Student (under 25) per year - $25.
Sponsor per year- $500.
GALLERY SHOW ENTRY FEES
as of August 1, 2018
Season Judged Shows: $25. first piece, $15. second piece and $10. each additional piece. Total 5 pieces.
Summer shows are not judged and entry fees are less. Members are asked to single serve beverages and individually wrapped snacks.
Gallery Shift Fee $30. if you do not sign up to sit the gallery for one 4 hour shift per participation in each gallery show or each month you have boutique items. Individuals who may be exempt from sitting, but do not volunteer hours in another capacity will also be charged this fee.
No fee to place items in boutique
The LWAL retains 20% of any sale
The success of our league and gallery depends on our members. Every member is encouraged to volunteer to do something for their league. We have a variety of Committees that can benefit from your special talent. Our members are fun and friendly people, and you will enjoy helping so much it won't seem like a chore at all!
Dede Dehon Treasurer,
George Taylor Board Member
Martha Leslie Board Member
Rowena Limauro Board Member
EMERGENCY CONTACT 561-767-6226
Members have an opportunity to show their art in other spaces as well as the gallery. Community Centers, Restaurants, and Banks have showcased our artists.
Our outdoor show takes place in the gallery parking area during the Lake Worth Street Painting Festival. Other outdoor venues may be planned.
The Lake Worth Art League offers classes, and workshops to both members and non-members (fees slightly higher).
If you would like to teach a class, let us know.
If you like to paint with others and maybe get a few tips, advice, or just some conversation join your fellow artists for Open Studio Thursdays!
Attend the receptions to meet other members and accept your invitation when members get together and enjoy pot lunches or dinners, or group outings to venues like museums or other galleries, or a plein air date.
Did you win an award? Land a solo show? Let us know if you have art related news about yourself, and we'll spread the word.
We also offer Featured Artist opportunities, where you can hold your own mini-show during one of our regular shows. Our Special Exhibition room in the gallery is available when space permits, as well, and you can also schedule your own additional reception.